Parent & Community Input
We welcome your input!
- Do you have ideas for speakers for parents or the community? Additional publications with useful information? Please share them!
- How can we improve our Special Education website? We welcome suggestions.
- There are parent representatives from each school who participate in the Special Education Committee. Please see this Committee's tab on the Special Education main page for more information and opportunities to get involved.
- Be sure to take the Survey for Parents of Students with Disabilities in the Fall.
- Follow and Tweet us on Twitter! @SheltonSped
- Participate actively in your child's Special Education programming.
Review the Special Education Presentations to the Board of Education
Parent Survey Results:
Parent Lecture Series Presentations:
Special Education Resources for Parents:
Helpful CT Resources for Families (English)
Helpful CT Resources for Families (Spanish)
IEP Guide - page by page.pdf (New resource!)
Local Community Events for Students with Disabilities
APRIL 18, 2018, 6:30 PM, at PLUM LIBRARY : "A Parent's Perspective" - Parent forum to learn about pre and post graduation services and resources. Six parents who have gone through various processes to access ongoing services share their experiences. Click here for flyer: Parent Forum Invitation.docx
APRIL 19, 2018, 8:30 AM - 8:30 PM: "Building a Great Life" - A conference for people with disabilities, family members, service providers, and advocates presenting strategies and examples of community based supports, advocacy and rights for people with disabilities with a focus on how to Build a Great Life! Click here for registration: https://t.co/o3iE64NN1a